Zinder, Gregor, and Pavel approach the Ghazel flotilla by rowboat, bringing a hostage along and seeking to parlay. The hope is to forestall a land invasion, perhaps by assuring the war chief (“Shark-Tooth”) that we will seek Uberlin’s Fang and return it to the Ghazel.
- We free the captive as we approach; he cuts his own throat with Gregor’s dagger and tumbles overboard
- We board the ship under guard and speak with a captain, persuade him to let us speak with the war chief.
- War Chief and his Shaman (“The Old One of the Sea”) board, we parlay. Zinder relates his dream in a dramatic performance, asks for time to seek the Fang. He impresses the Shaman and the War Chief agrees. “Three cycles of the moon” to deliver the Fang or all hell breaks loose.
- The Shaman shows us a vision of the Black Robed Man and imparts some magic into Zinder’s body that gives him a physical sense of the Fang’s direction. We know the Black Robed Man is heading into a cave somewhere in the direction we already came.
- We’re sent back to shore in our rowboat.
- We decide that all three of us should head to Kyrn posthaste, look for magical assistance, communicate with Nyphron, and try to make some headway on our original mission.